If This, Then That: the online tool you didn’t know you needed.
It’s a deceptively simple concept that has millions of uses.
If This, Then That is a website and web tool that you can use to create simple connections between your products and apps. These connections are made by following “Recipes” that are available on their website as well as many created by third parties. Recipes are step-by-step instructions to set up the connections that you want. There are two kinds of Recipes you can follow:
- DO Recipes – DO Recipes run with just a tap and enable you to create your own personalized Button, Camera, and Notepad. The DO apps are available for iOS and Android. These let you do things like easily create a calendar event, set a digital thermostat, and upload a Facebook album directly from your phone.
- IF Recipes – IF Recipes run automatically in the background. Create powerful connections with one simple statement — if this then that. This will do things like: If someone uses my hashtag on Instagram, then save that picture to my Dropbox album. If I arrive home, then un-mute my phone.
This resource has innumerable uses for both personal and business purposes. Just some of our favorite uses for this tool include:
- Automatically update your Twitter avatar every time you change your Facebook profile photo.
- Easily populate a Tumblr page by setting it up to automatically post every picture you like or post on Instagram onto your Tumblr page.
- Collect positive tweets from Twitter and add them to a Google spreadsheet.
- Invite new Twitter followers to be your friend on LinkedIn.
- Track your hours at work.
- Email yourself a note.
- Record and upload a voicemail to DropBox.
Check out the IFTTT website for even more ideas and step by step instructions to set some of these great shortcuts up for yourself. For help with your website, branding, social media and more contact Thrive Creative Group or message us at .
Posted In: Marketing Tips