New Templates for Facebook Business Pages
Thrive Creative Group dives into the details of the new layout templates for Facebook coming on August 22nd, 2018
As you may have heard (or read by email because who ‘hears’ about anything anymore unless you’re watching a video?), Facebook is making changes to their templates on all business pages. Thrive knows this is big news in the social media world, so we are diving in the details to help you busy small business owners understand it better.
Why is Facebook making template changes?
Thrive’s opinion,…they are Facebook and they can do whatever they want! Only half kidding, sigh! According to them, “The new template is specifically for Pages like yours to help people get the information they need easier and faster.” They go on to say that “Relevant information such as hours, price range and recommendations are prioritized so people can easily take action, like placing an order or contacting you directly.”
When will template changes take effect?
These updates will automatically take effect on Wednesday, August 22nd (thank you Facebook for the 2-week notice! Really, we mean it!) or you can also make updates immediately if you know what direction you want to go.
Which template is right for my small business?
Our Thrive social media crew dug up all your options and listed them below. There are an even 10 choices – and we love round numbers! They include:
- Standard – Good for all Page types, with buttons and tabs to help showcase what’s important to you
- Services – Designed to help people find your services and get in touch.
- Business – Designed to help you manage your business, including ways to post jobs and special offers.
- Venues – Designed so you can highlight useful info like your venue’s hours, location, and upcoming events.
- Movies – Designed to highlight showtimes for your audience.
- Nonprofit – Designed to highlight your cause and encourage people to fundraise and donate to your nonprofit.
- Politicians – Designed to help politicians reach their supporters and communicate their message.
- Restaurants & Cafes – Designed to highlight photos and important info about your menu, hours and location.
- Shopping – Designed to showcase products and make it easy for people to shop online.
- Video Page – Designed to showcase video content on your page.
When reviewing your template choices, Facebook will inform you which is your ‘current’ template and which one is ‘recommended.’
What happens when I change my template?
If you apply a new template, it will replace your existing buttons and tabs. Rest assured you can always change your mind on your template and update it later in your page settings. To find your settings,… click in the top right corner of your Facebook home screen and select Settings » on the left sidebar click ‘Edit Page’ » then find ‘Templates’.
If you are a Thrive Creative Group monthly social media client, you can relax! We got this! We’ll take care of all this template stuff and update you along the way – deal? If you are not a Thrive social media client but wanna be, contact us today and let’s get started! We make it easy!
Posted In: News